When “iw3mp.exe has stopped working” error message appears, you cannot join any servers. Your game may also crash the next time you open it. There are easy solutions that you can follow to resolve this error.
- Enabling stereo mix. To enable stereo mix, follow these steps:
- Go to Start menu.
- Go to Control Panel.
- Then, click on Hardware and Sound.
- Click on Sound. Then, go to Recording tab.
- Right-click in window.
- Click Show Disabled Devices. When Stereo Mix appears, right-click it and then choose Enable.
- Then, click Ok to apply changes.
- Plug in a microphone
- Change default audio device into headphones. Then, start any game and see if it fixes the problem.
Your onboard sound cards may also cause the problem. To resolve this issue, you may remove the sound drivers. Then, allow your operating system to install its default sound drivers. But before you uninstall or remove your sound card, you must make sure that you know its make and model. In this way, you can easily reinstall it when you need it again.
When removing your sound card drivers, follow these steps:
- Click on Start menu.
- Go to Control Panel
- Look at the Programs and Features tool. Verify if your sound card drivers are installed or listed. If not:
- Go to System Tool.
- Click on the Device Manager.
- Locate the sound card on the list. It can be viewed on the Game Controllers section.
- Right-click the video card you want to remove.
- Then, select Uninstall button.
You must also install updates for your operating system. Then, go to the official page of your motherboard and then install any updates for your sound card.
You may also install a patch to your PC by getting updates for your operating system.
Another option is to disable your machine’s firewall. This may also do the trick.
Easier Way To Fix This Error
To automatically fix it without having to go through the above mentioned steps, you may download and install this program. This can resolve the issue with just a few mouse clicks. In addition to fixing it, it can improve your PC’s performance. It cleans your machine’s registry thereby resolving other issues your machine is experiencing. To obtain this registry cleaner, visit: Iw3mp.exe Has Stopped Working Fix
This error message can be annoying each time you open a multi-player game installed on your machine. But this error can be resolved through the solutions provided.
Want to make your machine run faster? Visit: Troubleshooting