If Microsoft’s popular browser has become unstable, it would prompt you this message: Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working. You may choose to use another better performing browser. However, if you simply want to keep it, you can fix the error by following the steps below:
- Reset its security settings. The anti-virus program on your computer may have changed its security settings. Curing it may involve restoring them to their defaults.
- To do this, you must open the browser.
- Click on Tools and choose Internet Options.
- From the Internet Options tab, click on the Security tab.
- Choose Reset All Zones to Default Level.
- Click Apply.
- On its Privacy tab, click on Default button.
- Then, click on the Apply button.
- On the Advanced tab, scroll down to the list of settings.
- Tick on the following: “Disable Script Debugging” and “Disable Script Debugging (Other)”. You should also un-tick “Enable automatic crash recovery.
- Then, click on the Apply button. Close the Internet Options window and the browser.
This process may do the trick.
- Delete unnecessary toolbars. Another way to resolve this error is to remove unneeded toolbars. They are some of the common causes of the browser’s sluggish performance and the appearance of the said error message. Unfortunately, some of these toolbars are installed without you knowing it when you download games and other utility tools.
- To remove these toolbars, you should access the Start menu and click on Control Panel.
- Go to Programs and Add/Remove Programs. Scroll down to the list of programs installed and look for a tool that has the word toolbar in it, like smiley toolbar, conduit toolbar, etc.
- Click on the ones you do not regularly use.
- Then, click on the Uninstall button.
- Restart your PC and open the browser. By removing some of the toolbars you do not use, your browser provides you with more room on top of it. This is especially great if you are using a small screen.
Getting A Registry Cleaner
This error message can be easily fixed by downloading and installing this program. It is easy to use and it can deal with any type of program on your computer. This is also essential if you want to optimize the performance of your PC. By scanning your computer with this program, you are boosting the speed of your machine. Obtain it at: Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working Fix
This error message can occur every now and then. But you can fix it by following the tips mentioned above.
For more tips on how to resolve this issue, visit: Troubleshooting