“Hl2.exe has stopped working” is an error message that usually appears after installing a particular game that may conflict with your OS. Game crashes can be fixed using these steps:
- Check your PC’s minimum requirements. It is important that your system meets the requirements of the game before you can install and run it on your machine. Keep in mind those latest games on the market need greater system resources. Therefore, you must make sure that your machine can accommodate the game you want to run and play.
- Examine your game cache files. To verify it, load the game. On Library tab, click on the game and choose Properties. Click on Local files tab and Verify integrity of game cache button. The verification process may take a few minutes to complete. The window will automatically close after the process has been completed.
- Check your anti-virus program. Anti-spyware and anti-virus programs are known to cause game crashes allowing you to see the said error message. If you suspect that your anti-malicious programs are causing the error, you must disable them. Load the game and see if the problem has been fixed. If not, you must completely uninstall your anti-virus protection to continue running your favorite game and avoid game crashes.
- Avoid using two sound devices simultaneously. You must disable your motherboard’s sound card if you want to install a USB sound card on your machine. This is to avoid seeing the error message or experiencing game crashes. On how to disable the sound card of your motherboard in the system BIOS, you must check your motherboard’s user manual.
- Restore factory defaults. You may have tweaked your machine to improve its performance when playing a certain game. But some tweaking techniques may cause your machine to crash each time you load a game. Therefore, you must restore the game’s original settings first to make your machines remain stable while playing.
Registry Cleaner To Fix It
To easily fix this error message, you can simply run this program. This software has the ability to check the root cause of the error message and automatically fix it. Apart from fixing the problem, it can also boost the performance of your PC. In this way, you will no longer experience any problem while playing games or browsing the Internet. To get more details about this program, visit: Hl2.exe Has Stopped Working Fix
Your computer may crash while playing certain games. But this problem can be fixed through the tips listed above.
Get more tips and tricks on how to boost your PC’s performance while playing a game. Visit: Troubleshooting