Catalyst control center host application has stopped working error message can lead to a variety of issues on your computer. It may also cause Blue Screen of Death to appear. But what are some of reasons this message occurs?
- Outdated or corrupt ATI. Most of the time, this error message appears if your ATI or graphics related drivers are corrupted.
- .NET framework installation. This problem may also appear if your machine has an issue related to the installation of .NET framework.
How to fix this error?
Here are some solutions you may apply to help you resolve this issue.
- Terminate cli.exe. To temporarily terminate it, you need to force Windows to close it by going to the Start menu. Clicking on Run and then type in: taskkill /f /im cli.exe.
- Refresh installation of .NET Framework. You can do this by downloading and installing the latest version of .NET.
- Replace outdated drivers. To check for any outdated drivers, you may download and install drivers diagnostic tools. Or you may go to Driver Manager and check which driver has not been updated recently. Once you have detected outdated drivers, you can replace them with newer ones by simply clicking on the Update button.
- Refresh ATI graphics on your machine. This error message can also be resolved by simply removing and restarting your Windows. Then, open drivers diagnostics tool that you have on your PC. This tool will help you find compatible replacement driver and install it to your PC.
If you are using Windows 7 or Vista, you can also perform the following steps:
- Go to Control Panel
- Click on System and Maintenance
- Choose Device Manager
- Choose Display Adapters
- Double-Click on ATI device
- Click on Rollback Driver to Previous Version.
These steps can also help you solve this error message.
Reliable Solution For This Error Message
This registry cleaner can resolve this error message with just a few mouse clicks. This means that you do not have to update drivers manually. It also cleans your cluttered registry that may have caused other problems on your machine. Although you can clean the registry manually, this program can perform it for you so you do not have to worry about eliminating necessary files that may cause your PC to malfunction. To find out more about it, visit: Catalyst Control Center Host Application Has Stopped Working Fix
The said error message can be resolved by following the steps above or installing a reliable registry cleaner.
To fix other issues on your PC, visit: Troubleshooting